Can you believe such deliciousness is so easy and quick to cook? I know that I couldn’t. Another shocker: this tasty dinner item is also low-carb! That’s right, you can be on a carb-restricted diet and still enjoy something tasty like this. Of course, you will have to choose your sides well if you want the whole meal to be low-carb, but with the main course out of the way, I’m sure that you’ll be able to come up with something easily enough.
I couldn’t resist breaking out the grill for this, but it is very easily adaptable to the oven. For that matter, if pork isn’t your thing, you could use the same recipe for chicken breasts (or even boneless thighs). Delicious, easy, versatile–now that’s what I call a winning recipe! Enjoy!
For the pork chops:
6 pork chops
1 Tbsp olive oil (I use Pompeian extra virgin)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
2 Tbsp salsa verde
For the cream cheese mixture:
6 ounces cream cheese (I just use Philadelphia)
⅓ cup salsa verde
⅓ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp chopped jalapenos
For the topping:
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
⅓ cup chopped cooked bacon
⅓ cup raw jalapeno slices
For the pork chops:
(1) Combine the olive oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and 2 T salsa verde in a medium bowl. Add the pork chops and rub the mixture into them.
(2) Preheat the grill while the pork chops marinate for a few minutes.
(3) Once the grill is hot, grill the pork chops for about 3-4 minutes per side or until just cooked through.
For the cream cheese mixture and topping:
(1) Heat the cream cheese in the microwave for 1 minute or until really soft. Stir in the salsa verde, ⅓ cup shredded cheddar and chopped jalapenos.
(2) Divide the mixture between the 6 pork chops and pile it on top.
(3) Top with additional shredded cheddar and about 1 Tbsp of bacon and sliced jalapenos per chop.
(4) Drop the cover on the grill for a couple of minutes (over indirect heat) until the cheese is melted and soft. Serve warm.
(5) Alternatively you could saute the pork chops and then add the toppings and bake in the oven until melted.
Quick tip: Leftovers reheat beautifully!
Thanks to i Breathe I’m Hungry for this awesome low-carb pork chop recipe.