- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons pesto sauce, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Quick Tip: This recipe keeps well, so double down, and have leftover lunches.
Thanks to 12 Tomatoes for an adult take, on a kid friendly dish.